Carbon Monoxide Poisoning (CO) gas is extremely dangerous and can be fatal. Heating appliances fuelled by coal, smokeless fuel, wood, oil and gas can cause CO poisoning if installed incorrectly, or if they are not regularly maintained.
Symptoms of CO poisoning can include tiredness, drowsiness, dizziness, chest pains, nausea and flu like symptoms.
You can reduce the risk by doing the following:
Making sure your chimney is swept and inspected
Ensuring that your appliance is installed by a registered engineer
Fitting a carbon monoxide alarm
Having the correct ventilation